Dimensions: DNA is 12cm x 3cm / 5″ x 1″p>Download includes: instructions, color and mono model templates, and classroom PowerPoint file
All you need: paper, scissors, & tape
Show how the DNA test for the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) causing COVID-19 works!
Early detection is key for stopping the spread of coronavirus by helping known sick individuals self-isolate. A very sensitive real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR)-based DNA test is used to test people to determine if they have the virus. It can even detect viral infection before someone exhibits symptoms or in asymptomatic people.
• Our model illustrates how a reverse transcriptase enzyme is first used to convert RNA to DNA.
• See how the real-time PCR test is carried out using a different enzyme called Taq DNA polymerase.
• Fluorescent dyes are used to visualize the result.
• Both positive and negative results are covered by the model.
• The model covers real-time PCR, reverse transcriptase, fluorescent dyes, DNA primers, DNase, and RNase.
• Time to build model takes about 30 minutes.
Origami Organelles are downloadable paper models that you print and make as many times as you like! When you purchase a model, you are licensed for unlimited use on a single site or campus.
**Please choose “Free – EMAIL” shipping method from the dropdown menu at Checkout**